We’re looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our fast-growing team. As an Experience Designer at DEG, you’ll work with clients across the country and the world to understand their strategic objectives and bring your expertise to the full design lifecycle. You’ll conduct user research and define user personas, journeys, key scenarios, and task flows. You’ll define Information Architecture and design best-in-class digital interfaces and iterate through interactive prototyping, then iterate based on insights gathered during user testing.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple client engagements at a time, facilitating client and user workshops, and presenting your work. We’re interested in designers who possess exceptional communication skills with a firm grasp of storytelling as a tool for understanding, consensus, and persuasion.
Right now we’re particularly interested in designers who have worked with e-commerce experiences. If you’ve designed for Commerce Cloud’s SFRA templates, please let us know in your cover letter.
DEG’s highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, DEG has been named one of the best places to work in the country.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, champion new ideas, and advocate for the user.
- Three or more years of UX Design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have both agency and client-side experience.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, and to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, and able to showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- A bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience. Graduate degree in Interaction Design, Design Management, or related fields is a plus.
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- Disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free refreshments, including soda, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottle beer for our weekly Beer:30
DEG, Linked by Isobar is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital Evolution Group (DEG) was founded in 1999 as a small web development firm in Kansas City. Since then, we’ve grown to become DEG, Linked by Isobar, a member of the Dentsu Aegis Network and global full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help clients meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to become digital, we were born here.
Digital is in our DNA. And our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from or who thought of it.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do for our clients.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?