Do you thrive on pulling the strings behind the scenes and find gratification in the challenges of every new project? Are you skilled at taking big, overwhelming tasks and breaking them down into smaller, more approachable sub-tasks? Walz Tetrick Advertising is looking for a Traffic Manager who understands that agency project management is more than managing day-to-day tasks, budgets and scopes of work. We’re looking for a team player who also understands people management. The traffic manager works with each of our departments to oversee all new and existing client projects. This position contributes to and leads company-wide initiatives related to improving our project delivery process and systems.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple departments.
- Ability to learn and operate the agency’s project management technology software called Advantage.
- Ability to work with department leaders to resolve problems, project conflicts and identify priorities.
- Understanding of website development project lifecycle, including creative, development, testing, QA, and data collection.
- Ability to learn how to manage creative projects including digital executions, collateral pieces and broadcast spots.
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture using Advantage software.
- Two to five years of agency experience is a plus.
- Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external team members.
- Understanding of the language of the work from development requirements to broadcast production coordination, including both client-side and agency terminology.
- Familiarity with the following organizational processes is a plus: Workflow. Experience managing both traditional and digital processes related to the development of creative product, including websites, digital media and print campaigns. Estimating. A clear understanding of estimating processes, keeping budgets in check and effectively communicating scope. Proposal and Statements of Work (SOW). Experience identifying major project risks before they’re sold. Familiarity with proposals and SOW documents and ability to raise concerns about projects in a timely fashion. Services. A strong understanding of agency services, target audiences and agency capabilities.
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org