DEG is seeking a Senior Copywriter with knowledge in copywriting practices across multiple interactive platforms including email, social media, web design, ecommerce, and mobile. We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting, copy rock star to help us bring our ideas to life in digital and traditional channels. The successful candidate will bring ideation, innovation + creative problem-solving skills to our agency, while being a role model for the standard of excellence. The senior copywriter will bring client/industry knowledge and insights, and the ability to solve complex challenges.
DEG provides the opportunity to work on national brands in a truly integrated and digital-specific capacity. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, DEG has been named one of the best places to work in the country.
- Bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or equivalent experience in copywriting or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with an online portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of fundamental copywriting principles
- Demonstrable understanding of copy principles with the ability to explain the thinking behind your choices
- Commitment to timely and accurate delivery of projects
- Demonstrated professionalism, excellent communication skills (oral and written), a willingness to collaborate, and the ability to prioritize
- Organized, problem-solver, multi-tasker, exceptional attention to detail and deadlines
- Accountability and ownership of action of the project/cross-functional team
- Must be a team player, client-service focused, and display initiative and flexibility
- Able to collaborate well with other team members to develop copy and produce deliverables on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to follow existing brand and visual guidelines, as well as tone and voice
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the fundamentals of grammar, sentence structure, spelling and basics for long- and short-form copy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote
- Any knowledge of design software or other tools a plus
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- Disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free refreshments, including soda, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottle beer for our weekly Beer:30
DEG, Linked by Isobar is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital Evolution Group (DEG) was founded in 1999 as a small web development firm in Kansas City. Since then, we’ve grown to become DEG, Linked by Isobar, a member of the Dentsu Aegis Network and global full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help clients meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to become digital, we were born here.
Digital is in our DNA. And our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from or who thought of it.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do for our clients.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?