Senior Account Managers begin the transition into strategic planning within Account Management. Many of the responsibilities are consistent with an Account Manager role and must be upheld; however, Senior Account Managers manage multiple relationships with the clients, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery. Additionally, a Senior Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships across agency departments and industry relationships. The Senior Account Manager should interact with clients and internal partners as both an effective facilitator and strategic partner who helps clarify and develop project objectives, identify challenges, and guides the creation of strategies and metrics for success. This person will be responsible for both leading small to medium-sized projects and acting as day-to-day support on larger strategic projects.
The successful Senior Account Manager will also ensure the relevant information across groups (client-side, Technology, Creative, Project Management) is communicated and translated into specific actions. The Senior Account Manager should demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to strategic direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and the client as necessary. Senior Account Managers must identify opportunities for incremental growth. They should have a get-it-done mentality because a key component of this role is translating strategy to execution and being responsive. Working directly with the Account Supervisor or Account Director, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery. Financial responsibilities include tracking billing and expenses for the jobs and accounts managed.
Senior Account Managers are expected to have a complete understanding and mastery of creative concept, effective internal and external communication, commitment to quality, ability to self-manage and manage others relative to task completion, organization skills, file management, and timesheets, understand DMH process, and understand the team management approach used by the agency. They are also expected to coach employees and provide project-level and possibly agency-wide leadership and are often viewed as a major resource in collective agency knowledge.
Senior Account Managers are expected to exhibit a proficient level of knowledge of relationship, stewardship, construction, job specific process, and information gathering requirements while demonstrating a capacity for managing work without supervision and a commitment to teaching and mentoring those assigned to them as much as they can as they progress in their career with us.
Own and manage client relationship and client business with DMH
Core Expectations of all DMHers:
- Creative thinking
- Excellent Communication (Internal and External)
- Know the numbers
- Demand a high quality of work
- Self-management (task completion, organization skills, file management, timesheets, etc.)
- Collaborate and be a team player
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Senior Account Manager is expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas.
- Possess thorough understanding of client’s business, industry and competition
- Oversee key contacts for any partner relationships (other agency partners or DMH partners)
- Always be responsive and professional, and consistently develop ideas to grow client business
- Generally be viewed by clients as primary day-to-day contact
- Handle independent client meetings and consulting
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of client MSAs, scopes and estimates and resource allocations, and ensure that all parties fulfill their commitments. Agency Stewardship
- Oversee the balance of demanding client requests and overall agency priorities
- Consistently bring ideas to the table
- Defend agency recommendations with a rationale
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain grace under pressure
- Understands problem solving and when to involve a supervisor or director if/when problems arise
- Identify opportunities for incremental growth of DMH role with client
- Merchandise agency work to foster client confidence and inspire other teams internally Job Specific Process
- Develop excellent creative briefs and brand attributes documents
- Effectively lead the initiation of all client projects with client and the internal teams
- Lead large-scale website development projects
- Facilitate and monitor all client media plans, ad production and fulfillment
- Be an expert and understand all DMH processes
- Possess a critical eye for maintaining creative work against approved strategic objectives Information Gathering Requirements
- Understand the unique requirements for all tactical executions and DMH offerings
- Generate good questions and be a good listener
- Know what DMH or external resources and/or subject matter experts need to be involved in projects Financial Management
- Develop scopes of work and track all approvals
- Manage project budgets and deadlines
- Participate in projecting agency revenue through the tracking of opportunities/impacts on the evolution of client business and reconciling on a monthly basis
- Co-chair internal billing process and client invoicing in accordance with SOW or approved estimates
- Understand the compensation agreement between client and agency Strategic Marketing
- Have a strong sense of marketing principles and provide strategic contributions to client projects
- Drive development of objectives, strategies and tactics with the client and internal teams
- Coordinate with internal teams and external agencies in all phases of integrated campaign development, including innovation, ideation, and consumer research and insights.
- Present client deliverables, including marketing communications plans, and partner with other internal team members as needed Managing work without Supervision
- Communicate to team, supervisor and director without being prompted
- Work as an effective team leader, helping others and contributing to our success
- Other duties as assigned Commitment to Teaching and Mentoring
- Mentor and provide professional guidance to AAM and AM
Minimum of a four-year degree in a related discipline and have 5 or more years in the field or closely related area, or combination of education and relevant experience.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Please send cover letter and resume today.