Director of Digital Marketing
Walz Tetrick Advertising (General)
November 14, 2019
Full Time Position
You’re that person who lives and breathes digital marketing. It excites you to think of building a team. You know the emerging landscape, and you’re passionate about bringing that knowledge to clients. As a member of the executive team, the primary responsibilities of the Director of Digital Marketing will be to lead the digital team and drive, manage and evolve digital marketing strategies for our clients.
This position will be integral in furthering Walz Tetrick’s vision and leading the development of new capabilities, particularly data and digital solutions, so the agency can effectively bring to market expanded capabilities as the digital landscape continues to evolve. A critical function of this role will be defining how our digital marketing services are sold and delivered within our integrated portfolio of our services. You will be an expert in all digital marketing channels and capability sets, and be able to speak convincingly about the latest trends in marketing technologies, methodologies, processes and measured results across the digital marketing landscape. There will be a particular focus on our core capabilities of SEO, paid search, marketing automation, analytics, paid media, email, conversion rate optimization, content marketing and could include website development.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related field and 10+ years of digital marketing experience. Agency experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of digital, cross-channel/omni-channel marketing is a must as is expert knowledge of all social marketing strategies and related platforms; hands-on experience in earned, organic and paid digital media.
- Familiar with one or more of our enterprise partner marketing cloud platforms: Adobe, Salesforce, Sitecore, Oracle, IBM.
- Familiar with key MarTech solutions, and able to incorporate integrated technology into strategy.
- Strong knowledge of agency best practices and tools for managing analytics reporting, performance metrics and optimization.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with an attention to detail and drive for constant campaign optimization and improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, talent development and leadership skills. A desire and drive for continual learning is critical.
- Highly organized. Functions well in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborate with agency departments (Account Service, Creative and Media) to develop and implement fully integrated digital plans for top clients, new business prospects and for the agency.
- Leverage and develop digital solutions that integrate traditional and digital media channels, including emerging platforms, social media, mobile marketing, search marketing, display marketing, programmatic ads, rich media, email marketing, etc.
- Assist in developing channel mix recommendations for digital media campaigns across search, social, display, mobile, rich media and video.
- Be an expert and established thought leader of digital services and solutions, contributing in significant ways to support current client growth and win new business for the agency.
- Keep the digital team and key agency stakeholders informed of emerging digital trends, developing perspectives and insights on how those trends impact our core strategies and services.
- Act as a key leader on the leadership team, collaborating on the execution of our long-term roadmap and overall business growth, both within Walz Tetrick’s current portfolio and by helping win new business pitches.
- Lead digital reporting and analytics functions, including ongoing vendor and tool management, identifying best-in-class methodologies and optimization practices to enhance sales and measurable KPIs.
- Lead the digital team, including oversight of talent and performance of content developers, search managers, digital planners, buyers and strategists.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Director of Digital Marketing