Education enhances lives and communities. It unlocks opportunities and fulfills potential. As the digital marketing specialist for the University of Kansas Edwards Campus, you help people discover the power of education and why KU is the best choice for it.
Prospective students’ primary resources and path for selecting and enrolling in educational institutions are digital. In fact, many applicants never speak with a representative from the school before applying. In large part, they find schools and programs through online searches, research them via websites and social communities, and progress to application and enrollment purely through the school website. Even those who do interact with school faculty and staff prior to enrollment often start the process online. A school’s digital strategy and its implementation are critical to serving future and current students and achieving the university’s goals.
The University of Kansas Edwards Campus, located in Overland Park, seeks a digital marketing specialist. The individual in this role’s days will be filled with
- Understanding strategies, goals, KPIs, objectives, target audiences and key messages of the campus and individual programs and units within it so that the digital marketing specialist can recommend and implement digital marketing strategies.
- Personally performing digital marketing activities such as designing and sending mass emails, activating and optimizing online ads, constructing A/B tests, leveraging marketing automation tools, and reviewing website additions and enhancements.
- Performing research to determine the best digital advertising platforms and targets for new and current campaigns.
- Meeting with other marketing team members to discuss individual tasks and assignments to start, maintain and optimize digital marketing efforts.
- Reviewing reports and analysis.
- Staying current on best practices and changes in digital marketing and higher education.
- Assisting other marketing team members with social media as requested.
- Assisting other marketing team members with webpage edits as requested.
This position is a hands-on individual contribution and collaborator. To complete this position’s duties and to assist other team members in their duties, the digital marketing specialist works closely with the rest of the marketing team including the graphic designer, copywriters, web developer, analyst and management.
PLEASE BE SURE YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS EACH OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, business, communications, marketing or related field.
- At least two years of full-time hands-on, professional experience using a professional-grade, web-based mass email marketing platform (other than Microsoft Outlook) to design, target and send emails.
- At least one year professional experience directly using Google Adwords and Google Analytics tools.
- Effective written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- One or more years experience working in a structured, team environment, such as being a member of a marketing team.
- One or more years experience with a website content management system, such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Professional marketing experience in higher education student recruitment.
- Hubspot email certification.
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing certification.
- Proficiency in at least one CRM system.
- Proficiency in at least one marketing automation system.
- Currently or within the past two years qualified as a Google AdWords certified professional.
- Currently or within the past two years qualified as a Google Analytics certified professional.
- Advanced knowledge of online search and digital display advertising principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of search engine optimization theory and practices.
- One or more years of direct, professional use of Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Professional experience or formal education in marketing copywriting or editing.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and efficiently across multiple product lines serving varied audiences, such as at an advertising or marketing agency.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
- A curious, data-driven mindset.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application deadline has been extended to June 12, 2019.
- Advertised Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
- Application Review Begins: 13-Jun-2019
- Anticipated Start Date: 01-Jul-2019
- Work Location: Univ of Kansas Edwards Campus
- FTE: 1.0
- Reg/Temp: Regular
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
- Job Family: Public Affairs-KUL
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY