AAF-KC is a 501(c) 6 trade and professional association in Kansas City serving the advertising/marketing industry through educational programming, volunteer opportunities and networking, and a member of District 9 of the American Advertising Federation. We’re not the type to brag but it’s safe to say we’re one of the largest and oldest AAF clubs in the country. So, we’re a pretty big deal.
AAF-KC is one club that houses another organization, Ad 2 KC, which is the local chapter of Ad 2 National serving ad professionals age 32 and under. Ad 2 KC is a part of AAF-KC but serves its membership in more specific ways.
For example, Ad 2 provides more networking events, but none of the events are exclusionary, if you’re an AAF-KC member you’re welcome to come to any soiree or speaking event, after all, you’re an AAF-KC member. But Ad 2 KC focuses on meeting the specific needs of young professionals. Told you it got tricky.
This explanation may be much ado about nothing but at least it gives you a peek into how we’re all one big AAF-KC bent on networking, furthering our ad education as well as our quality of career for our membership.
The mission of AAF-KC is to foster a cohesive creative culture within the Kansas City advertising industry and promoting it to the rest of the country.
Finally, here’s to our fearless board members who make it all happen.
2019-2020 AAF-KC Board of Directors
- Sara Sullivan - President
- Marianne Gjerstad - Vice President
- Rebecca Schwartz - Immediate Past President
- Sheree Johnson - Vice President of Finance
- Jordan Warren - Finance Co-Chair
- Katie Hilty - Communications Chair
- Matthew Phillip - Communications Co-Chair
- Julia Thompson - Website Chair
- Hannah Bower - Event Lead + Journey Awards Chair
- Bryan Herrman - Professional Education Chair, Speakers
- Jordan Haiduk - Professional Education Chair, Diversity & Inclusion
- David Sullivan - American Advertising Awards Chair
- Katie Snyder - Student Education Chair
- Megan McClure - Membership Development and Retention Chair
- Tom Apple - Corporate Membership Chair
- Andy Grollmes - Diversity & Inclusion Chair
- Kylee Sprengel - Sponsorship Chair
- Ashley Kieffer - Ad 2 President
- Jen Guimaraes - Ad 2 Vice President